Mr. Seese started Seese, P.A. following years as a partner with large, national firms. He was also a partner with a regional firm where he co-founded its distressed asset group and served as co-chair of its bankruptcy practice.
Mr. Seese primarily represents distressed businesses in out-of-court workouts and in Chapter 11 reorganizations. He also represents creditors, equity holders, and other parties in interest in all aspects of bankruptcy law. He has extensive litigation experience and has been hired as special litigation counsel in complex bankruptcy litigation matters. Mr. Seese also represents parties in acquiring assets and businesses out of bankruptcy proceedings. He has appeared in numerous jurisdictions throughout the United States.
Awards and Recognition
Mr. Seese has received numerous accolades and recognitions over the years.
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability (2006-2020).
- AV Preeminent® Judicial Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell (2016-2020)
- A Florida Super Lawyer by the Florida Super Lawyers magazine (2006-2020).
- One of Florida Trend magazine’s Florida Legal Elite in 2007, 2009, 2015 and 2017 and its corporate counsel edition in 2009 and 2015.
- Included in the Leading Lawyers for Business section of Chambers & Partners USA Guide.
- “Recommended” for Restructuring & Insolvency in the Cross-Border Restructuring & Insolvency Handbook published by the Practical Law Company.
- Seese, P.A. was previously named the boutique law firm of the year (Florida - Miami) by Acquisition Finance Magazine (ACQ) at its ACQ Global Awards.
- Mr. Seese was previously named one of only 25 attorneys to be named a Key Partner by the South Florida Business Journal. The “Key Partners” were selected for having proved, by reputation and results achieved over the preceding 12 to 18 months, “that they are the best in their field, providing the highest quality of service to their clients and, at the same time, exhibiting the highest levels of professionalism and ethics.” (SFBJ).
Mr. Seese is a frequent lecturer on bankruptcy and related topics. He was a panel speaker for the American Bankruptcy Institute’s “Caribbean Insolvency Symposium” on timeshare and hotel bankruptcies. He most recently gave a presentation on the “Small Business Reorganization Act” (2020).
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
B.S. Business Administration (Finance/Economics)
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School
J.D. cum laude
Member, Law Review; Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Florida (1994)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Bankruptcy Bar Association, Southern District of Florida
Mr. Seese enjoys spending time with his family and is an avid skier and enjoys fly fishing.